Thursday, June 3, 2010

Looking for the perfect, natural doll for your child ?

If you have read my profile you will already know that I collect dolls. I have dolls of many sizes, from 2" to 25" but one doll that I hadn't added to my collection yet was a Waldorf. I would love to be able to make my own dolls, and hope to one day get a sewing machine so that I can learn how to. But since I am not able to right now, I need to rely on the wonderful skills of other doll makers to feed my collecting habits.

Whats a Waldorf ? A Waldorf doll is made from wool and cotton, usually with a fairly simple appearance so that children can use their imagination in play.

This is the doll I won, but I haven't taken any of my own pictures yet!

I won my doll from Unique Fiber Arts Blog giveaway and I couldn't be happier. I will admit I sit her on the shelf with my own doll collection most of the time , but both of my girls enjoy playing with her too. My 5 year old liked taking her along when she had a doctors appointment , and when she had to have surgery at the hospital. She lovingly named her "Lucy" and she asks to bring her along whenever an important date comes up.

My 18 month old , who doesn't seem to have any interest in her own toys absolutely loves carrying "Lucy" around ! She gets overly happy and literally walks around giggling , sitting her in different places and trying to feed her with toy bottles.

"Lucy" is a 12 inch doll but for your older child you can also get a doll up to 18", or even smaller ones for younger children.The wool filling warms up and retains heat as your child hugs their doll, and also captures your homes scent which is very comforting for children.

First Companion CoCo

Her hair is so soft and fun to play with (even for Momma!) her arms are attached with a button joint so to be safe she is recommended for ages 4+. Her legs are stitched on and if you prefer, the arms can be stitched on as well.You can buy different outfits or accessories to allow your child to use their imagination as they please , and you can feel assured knowing your child won't be exposed to lead paint or any other toxins that are sometimes found in today's toys.

14" Penny and assortment of Waldorf horses!

While I can't (yet!) eliminate the clutter of plastic toys in my house , I can be happy to know that "Lucy" will be around for a long time. She is made to handle your child's sometimes not so gentle play and can be passed down and loved for generations to come.

If you are looking to buy something different, well made, natural, and wonderful for your child, consider buying a Waldorf Doll or toy from Unique Fiber Arts. I love my "Lucy" and I hope that you will love yours too!



I was not compensated nor required to write this review. I won my doll and The opinions within this post are of my own and I was not influenced in any way. Please do your own research before purchasing products. Your opinions and results may differ.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Those dolls are so cute. I bet they would be fun for a child to cuddle!

"Deal"icious Mom said...

These are so sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

Not Everyones Mama said...

I want one for each of my girls! How cute are those??? favoriting them for presents! Thank you!

Unknown said...

These are the cutest things. My niece would love these

Unknown said...

Precious! The doll in the top shot reminds me of the doll from the classic holiday cartoon, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Memories.

Thanks for sharing.