Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide Review - Clinton Street Baking Company Cookbook


Clinton Street Baking Company Cookbook
by Neil Kleinberg
isbn: 9780316083379
pub date: 11/8/2010

Description:
The Clinton St. Baking Company is one of the hottest brunch spots in a city obsessed with brunch. A tiny thirty-two-seat eatery on Manhattan's trendy Lower East Side, the restaurant draws long lines of customers who come from far and wide to sample fresh-baked goods, hearty omelets, sugar-cured bacon, and light-as-air pancakes with maple butter.
In the Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook, owners DeDe Lahman and Neil Kleinberg share more than 100 treasured recipes that have made their restaurant a sensation. Learn the secret to their house-made buttermilk biscuits and tomato jam, irresistible muffins and scones, delicious soups and sandwiches, and their decadent, eye-catching desserts. Helpful techniques, like Neil's patented omelet "flip and tuck," and gorgeous color photographs throughout will have readers cooking like pros in no time, and sharing the delicious results.
My Review: I have to say, I have looked over a lot of recipes either online or in books and this book contains some of the most delicious looking photos of food that I have ever seen! I made a not so short list of ingredients which I will need to buy for the recipes that I picked out and my plan was to share some of my own photos but unfortunately it did not turn out that way. I haven't had the chance to bake anything from this book as of yet due to not having the ingredients, but when I do I'll be sure to share! Not only do the recipes and photos in the book look absolutely divine, but there are also plenty of useful tips for those of us who aren't so great in the kitchen - like the secret to making the perfect omelet! No, I won't share - you will need to buy the book to find out! This book would be the perfect gift for anyone who likes to bake, or wants to learn some fantastic new recipes.

0 comments: