Thursday, January 28, 2010

That trash was my treasure !

Sometimes I hold onto things for months. Sometimes YEARS! Things that don't get used, even though I am sure they would have a wonderful use!

I recently threw away one of those things, finally deciding it would never have a use. It was a pair of jeans, with very big holes in both legs, that was also too small. How could I have known that only a few days later I would find out that I could have cut this fabric up to make so many different crafty things.

I am trying to de-clutter my house but this is why it gets so cluttered! My dad taught me nearly everything has a use at some point, so I do save a lot of seemingly useless stuff. But I have good reasons for it and I guess this was meant to be a reminder! I wonder if they are still in the bin.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Missy! Thanks for visiting my blog! I have a whole rubbermaid tote full of jeans that, I'll use someday! LOL! I'm a bit of packrat myself - or so I've been told by people who can't see the possibilities!

Shona Cole said...

how frustrating that must be to de-clutter only to need what you de-cluttered! my nightmare.

thanks for stopping by my giveaway, come back by for a visit sometime :)

nice to 'meet' you

shona cole
http://shonastudio.blogspot.com/