Monday, October 25, 2010

Review: Don't Blink by James Patterson


by James Patterson & Howard Roughan
isbn: 9780316036238
Pub. Date 9/27/2010

Description:
The good

New York's Lombardo's Steak House is famous for three reasons--the menu, the clientele, and now, the gruesome murder of an infamous mob lawyer. Effortlessly, the assassin slips through the police's fingers, and his absence sparks a blaze of accusations about who ordered the hit.

The bad

Seated at a nearby table, reporter Nick Daniels is conducting a once-in-a-lifetime interview with a legendary baseball bad-boy. In the chaos, he accidentally captures a key piece of evidence that lands him in the middle of an all-out war between Italian and Russian mafia forces. NYPD captains, district attorneys, mayoral candidates, media kingpins, and one shockingly beautiful magazine editor are all pushing their own agendas--on both sides of the law.

And the dead

Back off--or die--is the clear message Nick receives as he investigates for a story of his own. Heedless, and perhaps in love with his beautiful editor, Nick endures humiliation, threats, violence, and worse in a thriller that overturns every expectation and finishes with the kind of flourish only James Patterson knows.
My Review: I gave this one to my Mom to read, and she told me it was fast paced and graphic like James Patterson's other novels and she thought it was good; but not as good as the others. I wish she could have given me more than that as a review so I did take a quick look through myself. It looks like this one will be more my style than hers, and am looking forward to reading the entire book. Take a look at the widget below for a sneak peek so you can decide for yourself if this crime thriller is for you!


3 comments:

lisa said...

I have read James Patterson in the past and found his books to be page turners. I'm not sure if I can handle anything graphic these days, however, I'm sure it will be a best seller if it's not already.

Dawn Lopez said...

Interesting book, I haven't read any of James Patterson's books yet!

Beeb said...

There are people on my Christmas list who read these type of novels, so they might enjoy this!