Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

It is a beautiful day here today! We have had rain for the last few days so it was nice to wake up to the bright sun. The heat isn't so nice, I had to turn the AC on as soon as I got out of bed. I hope it is a lovely day where ever you are too!

We did end up having a tent given to us, but couldn't make it out to visit my husband. Hopefully during the summer we can make it! The kids all have gifts for him that they made at school, but they will have to wait. This is their first time not being able to see him on Fathers Day! They don't seem to be phased by it much. My oldest went out to my moms, my 5 year old just wants to go out and ride her bike (The trike, she hasn't got the hang of the runners bike yet!) and my 9 year old just wants to play computer games. Sounds like any other day around here!

My dad passed away 2 years ago. I so wish I could call him and invite him over for dinner, wish him a Happy Father's Day, tell him I love him. I miss him every day! I didn't live with him growing up, but he was always there for me whenever I needed him. My Mom has a new husband who she met when I was 14, and while I refer to him as Grandpa to the kids have never been able to call him my Dad. Inside I wish I could, so that I could have someone to call Dad but honestly I don't think I will ever be able to do it.

Anyway, to all you Daddy's out there, I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!!

1 comments:

Babes Mami said...

Happy Fathers Day to your husband! Mine worked today so things have been pretty normal here too!