Monday, January 10, 2011

Are you offended by adult content?

I'm sure most of my readers here know that I have another blog. Yes, it's a naughty blog and yes I have morals! Obviously I'm not offended by adult content, but some people have different levels of acceptance on the subject.

When it comes to things like a lingerie or massage oil review for example... I don't consider them to be "adult content" and would not even give it a second thought if I opened the page to see a lingerie review while my kids around. I do realize that not everyone has the same opinions as I do, and I quite often find that I am the only one in a group who doesn't agree but your opinions matter too!

I've posted a few times previously about EdenFantasys and even a couple of other adult shops and I didn't get any negative comments, but am still curious whether if some of you have been offended by them? I do keep them tame on this blog, and will continue to do so but would love to know your thoughts! When you read a review on lingerie or other "tame" adult products would you prefer a photo of the item to be included, or simply be left the option to click over to the site to check out the photo?

Since I'm on the subject, I'm also wondering where do you draw the line? Would you be bothered by a review of a book on sexual education, an intimate shaving kit, or another kegal exerciser? Yes, these are things I am considering reviewing, hopefully without offending anyone so please let me know what you think!


Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store


PS: I will be receiving an EdenFantasys gift card for this post. If you would like to know more about how you can receive gift cards for posting on your own blog, please email jenn@edenfantasys.com and let her know I sent you!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm a big girl, nothing offends me!

FeliciaE said...

I agree with Amy,I'm a big girl so bring it on.

I also write for EdenFantasys and wonder the same things. My husband and I are pretty...liberal I guess you could say, when it comes to our sex life. We aren't afraid to try new things and such and were estactic when stumbled across EdenFantasys and even more so when I was offered to be able to write reviews for them.

I think more people are more willing to read these kind of reviews than what we think. And you know if someone takes offense over a review they have two options...not read the review and wait for the next one or just stop reading. I think the readers we want is the ones who would not read the review but come back for another.

Lucid Obsession said...

I only have an adult blog, so I can't really say but if someone is offended by something, they can move along and not come back. People get offended over the littests things so I don't bother worrying about it.

Babes Mami said...

I keep all of mine on one blog and I almost always put up a disclaimer that today there will be adult things. I've never been offended by anyones adult content.

Elsie said...

I don't think it's offensive and if you clearly put it in the title of your post, then those who are don't have to read it. =) Just a suggestion.

Gina P said...

I used to manage an adult toy & bdsm shop, so there's nothing that shocks or offends me. I agree that, as long as you put the disclaimer that adult content is to follow, people should be fairly "warned". Reviews are so helpful and maybe reading/talking about sexuality will help make it a bit less of a taboo topic for some people.

Mommy said...

I say go for it! Like pp "I'm a big girl!"

I'm a new follower I found you on simply stacies blog roll! I'd love a follow back @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/ :)